Connected Cars X
Connected Cars X helps agents to set the smart coverage for aggressive drivers and help regular drivers to save on auto insurance. The solution consists of a Secure Telematics Hardware with OBD II interface, Secure Connected Cars X Platform, and a Mobile application. The main features are to:
- Receive data from the specified devices of the car, save and transmit them to the server;
- Calculate the acceleration, harsh braking, average speed in general and when entering the turn;
- Derive the average driving performance by hours, days, months, with the ability to view details;
- Identify segments of the way where driving did not meet the specified safety criteria;
- Analyze the driving performance of the driver on the basis of which the discount will be calculated, and output the results in a specified format.
6 developers, 1 project manager, 1 software testing engineer, 1 business analyst.
11 months (in development).
C++, I2C, SerialPort (wiringPi library), HTTP over GPRS, BSD Sockets, Cmake build system, Raspberry Pi 3 model B+, GSM/GPRS module SIM900, Real time clock, Accelerometer, Gyroscope, OBD2, Wi-Fi Dongle, Ruby 2.4.1, Ansible, PostgreSQL 9.4, iOS.
Collected data allowed to conduct anonymous driver research to improve company monetization mode; IoT-based platform allowed to improve level of service and customer satistaction; automatic alarm signal gives a driver more time to react on traffic issues that might appear; vehicle condition analysis and notification system increased customer satisfaction level.
We are glad to see you here. Let's get in touch!