C++ Embedded Developer (Linux Kernel)
The CHI Software team is not standing still. We love our job and give it one hundred percent of us! Every new project is a challenge that we face successfully. The only thing that can stop us is… Wait, it’s nothing! The number of projects is growing, and with them, our team too. And now we need a C / C++ Embedded Developer (Linux Kernel)
Customer is one of the leading semiconductor companies.
The Customer wants to update the Linux kernel on their ARM Mali – 400-based GPU boards(from kernel v3.18 to v5.4). The project has started already, you will provide support for:
- Review the ported source code to ensure that the update has been done correctly
- Port remaining code base
- Test and validate according to the Customer’s test suite and ARM GPU best practices
- Provide maintenance on the updated codebase
We look for a person able to pick up tasks and independently investigate them, striving to find solutions, understand the source code, ability to spot inefficiencies, learn and adjust tocoding style as well as review the code produced by other individuals of the team.
We expect pro-activeness and interactions with the rest of the team.
You will report to a PM from the Customer’s side.
- 4+ years of commercial experience
- Demonstrable knowledge about Linux kernel on low level
- Experience of software porting (preferably with DDK involved)
- Solid C / C++ / Embedded knowledge
- Upper-Intermediate English
- Working experience with GPU architectures (ARM Mali is ideal)
- Understanding of branching in a product environment
- Understanding of Continuous Integration and delivery concepts and tools like Jenkins,Bamboo, Jira, and the likes
With us you can:
- Use latest technologies;
- Develop your technical knowledge;
- Participate in technical events and conferences (the cost is covered by the company);
- Regular techtalks and professional development.
Improve your soft skills:
- Build strong teamwork skills and become an essential part of the dynamic teams;
- Improve your English at classes and speaking directly with clients;
- Increase your productivity and communication level via Scrum, Kanban, Agile methodologies.