Senior Site Reliability Engineer (SRE)
The CHI Software team is not standing still. We love our job and give it one hundred percent of us! Every new project is a challenge that we face successfully. The only thing that can stop us is… Wait, it’s nothing! The number of projects is growing, and with them, our team too. And now we need a Senior Site Reliability Engineer (SRE).
About the client:
We are looking for a talented and dedicated technical enthusiast to join the newly formed Product & Engangement technology organisation which a clear focus at our Package & Cruise Domain.
The Site Reliability Engineer is a practitioner and an advocate of quality-focused site reliability practices, ensuring high quality of software products and services with an appropriate toolkit of technologies and methods and with a DevSecOps mindset. Working in an agile environment and keeping up with the ever-evolving technical landscape the Site Reliability Engineer is a lifelong learner and likes to think outside the box.
• Experience working with highly available, distributed systems and services in a cloud environment and defining, developing, and rolling out technical operations processes and new services across teams and markets;
• Strong hands-on experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) and in managing scaled cloud systems with a focus on solution architecture, the various tools and services, infrastructure-as-code, and DevSecOps practices;
• AWS Certification at the Professional level;
• Strong experience with monitoring/observability solutions, preferably Datadog, as well as with incident response solutions, like PagerDuty;
• Willingness to take part in 24/7 on-call rota and PostMortem;
• Ability to apply server operating system administrative knowledge, e.g. Linux , Windows;
• Good knowledge of networking and security aspects;
• Good experience with CI/CD, preferably Gitlab CI;
• Customer centric, passionate about delivering great digital products and services;
• Demonstrating true engineering craftsmanship mindset;
• Passionate about continuous improvement, collaboration and great teams;
• Strong problem-solving skills coupled with good communication skills;
• Comfortable with ambiguity, and highly autonomous.
- As a Senior Site Reliability Engineer, you will be part of a cross-functional team or a practice team that enables site reliability engineering skills and capabilities across a whole domain.
- Being an enthusiast in SRE, with a strong DevSecOps mindset, and thanks to your excellent collaboration skills you will work with your team to deliver the best answers to our customer’s needs and to take over full responsibility for its applications, from design to operation.
- You care diligently about the quality of your work, including proper documentation and security aspects.
- With your advanced skillet for understanding and solving problems, you are able to take full ownership of complex topics or multi-faceted initiatives and outcomes panning across your domain.
- You will use your deep technical skills to enable your team to deliver operational excellence and ensure and improve the reliability, performance, and maintainability of systems and services.
- You work closely with your team to understand the operational processes, and technical and business needs of the products and services your team is responsible for.
- You will be involved in raising operational readiness requirements as part of the development life cycle and validate that software development and delivery are consistent, meeting the specified requirements.