Lead Java Developer
The CHI Software team is not standing still. We love our job and give it one hundred percent of us! Every new project is a challenge that we face successfully. The only thing that can stop us is… Wait, it’s nothing! The number of projects is growing, and with them, our team too. And now we need a Lead Java Developer!
About the project:
Backend: Java 11, Spring Boot/Security/Data JPA, JWT, OAuth2, PostgreSQL, Gradle, Flyway, JUnit 5, Mockito.
Frontend: Vue.js 2/3, Quasar, Babel, Yarn
Platform: Github, Jenkins, AWS
The domain of the application is green technologies. Its customers are businesses that are willing to collaborate, track and manage their contracts, deals, and many other financial instruments in a single place. The core of the product enables customers to define the complex hierarchy of projects/deals and set up workflows for the teams to collaborate efficiently. From a technical perspective, the app is based on Spring boot monolith backend and multiple Vue.js frontends.
- 4+ years of commercial experience in Java development including Java 8;
- Experience with Spring (IoC, Boot, Data, MVC, AOP, Security);
- Experience with SQL and JPA/Hibernate;
- Experience with REST web services;
- Upper-Intermediate English level;
- Experience with AWS;
- Experience with NoSQL;
- Experience evaluating new technologies for business relevance and viability;
- Strong organizational skills to manage multiple threads at the same time and deliver high-quality projects against commitments;
- Clear verbal and written communication to easily explain and discuss complex concepts and ideas with team members and cross-functional partners;
- Intellectual curiosity and ability to identify knowledge gaps, learn quickly, and adapt to evolving technologies;
- Start-up mindset – creative problem solving and the ability to function in ambiguity with limited oversight and rapid delivery cadences;
- Team orientation with a willingness and desire to help others;
- Cultural and emotional intelligence to collaborate in a diverse environment with global reach alignment with the client’s values;
Will be a plus:
- Experience or certification as an Agile scrum master;
- Experience building interfaces to third party systems;
- Cloud technology experience (AWS, serverless or microservice based implementations).
- Develop engineering approach for features, estimate task time requirements, and identify gaps in functionality or areas of implementation risk;
- Make build vs buy and other architectural decisions including system design, selection of external libraries, and interfaces with other client’s components;
- Lead projects: set technical vision; define, divide, and assign tasks and work streams; provide direction to resolve technical roadblocks; and assure work is completed to plan;
- Mentor and advise developers through collaborative design, pair programming, and code reviews;
- Serve as a senior technical voice and provide expertise in cross-functional collaboration;
- Build financial and cleantech subject matter expertise to help drive engineering decisions and contribute to the company’s long-term strategy;
- Provide architecture briefings, demo setup and execution, and data modeling for our executive and sales teams.
With us you can:
Develop your technical knowledge:
- Use the latest technologies;
- Participate in technical events and conferences (the cost is covered by the company);
- Regular techtalks and professional development.
Improve your soft skills:
- Build strong teamwork skills and become an essential part of dynamic teams;
- Improve your English at classes and speaking directly with clients;
- Increase your productivity and communication level via Scrum, Kanban, Agile methodologies.