Database and data security solution
The main aim of the product is to secure customer data in the cloud or on-premises and address emerging cybersecurity challenges in the modern economy. Our core task is to develop solutions for data protection, access protection to various types of databases, and other data storage.
The rapid boom in the technology industry has offered people from around the world countless improvements in communication, conveniences, and data access.
According to the latest research, the total amount of created, captured, copied, and consumed data globally is predicted to increase rapidly. Over the next years up to 2025, global data creation is projected to grow to more than 180 zettabytes.
The main mission of our client’s company and its products is to secure end-users data in the cloud or on-premises and address any cybersecurity challenges. This complex software is for developers’ usage since it requires a specially trained person to operate it.
Our client’s main tasks were to:
– Improve the initial solution for organizations that fight against information security threats and deal with sensitive data protection;
– Implement new helpful features to the product;
– Create an easy-to-use cross-platform solution for data protection;
– Provide secure coverage for all data: on-premises, cloud, and hybrid.
- Duration: Sept 2017 - Ongoing
- Location: the USA
- Industry: Computer and Network
- Cross-platform app development
The main mission of our client’s company and its products is to secure end-user’s data in the cloud or on-premises and address any cybersecurity challenges. This complex software is for developers’ usage since it requires a specially trained person to use it. Our client was looking for:
– Improvement of the solution for organizations that fight against information security threats and deal with sensitive data protection;
– Implementation of new helpful features to the product;
– Easy-to-use solutions for data protection;
– Secure coverage for all data: cloud, on-premises, and hybrid.
- Sensitive data masking. Both static and dynamic, ensures that all data security requirements are met and all data in databases remains intact
- Database firewall. It helps control database security, detect suspicious user behavior, and prevent attacks in the cloud or on-premises
- Vulnerability assessment. It helps identify misconfigurations for the databases and real threats
- Sensitive data discovery. It helps detect the point where sensitive data resides and protect this sensitive data
- Database activity monitoring and audit. It helps monitor user activity in databases, increase the visibility of user actions and ensure compliance
CHI Software developers have been working in a few of the client’s teams: backend, core, and masking feature teams. At different stages of development, they have been delivering tasks like bug fixes of the initial solution, and implementing new features: data discovery and vulnerability assessment, SnowFlake database support, and more. Given that, our development team is currently responsible for:
– Developing new code in C/C++ for multithreading and Python
– Cross-platform applications support
– Maintenance of existing services and applications, and code refactoring
Our technology stack
- Amazon Redshift
- We helped to improve the database security software for companies that want to make their data more secure.
- We were responsible for implementing new functionality, like the vulnerability assessment feature.
- We delivered easy-to-use complex software for developers.
A great project with a cool team! Why? Because it had a well-built communication between developers. The project managed to test and work with all known databases and cloud services. Working on this project, I implemented the Vulnerability Assessment feature, which later became one of the main features of the project. With its help, users can receive up-to-date information about vulnerabilities discovered in their database versions, as well as analyze their databases according to security recommendations.