Mobile app for a Voluntary Health Insurance provider
The project aims to create a mobile-centric medical insurance solution for Ukraine, targeting the majority of the population under 35 who use smartphones. Our client wants to enhance their sales and market presence by offering an innovative and user-friendly insurance platform catered to the growing mobile user base in Ukraine.
According to statistical research, over 90% of Ukraine’s population under 35 uses smartphones for various purposes: from shopping to medical care. Smartphone usage grew rapidly between 2015 and 2021. In 2025, the number of monthly active smartphone users is projected to reach 28.79 million individuals.
As of today, many insurance companies process medical cases manually, which takes much time. To organize medical services, there are assistance companies, which help clients seek medical services. Such companies help with organizing a visit to a doctor, diagnostic procedures, tests, obtaining test results, and also close issues with the document flow between the insurance company, the medical institution, and the client.
The main aim of this project is to create an effective medical insurance solution for mobile users and boost our client’s sales with this innovation.
- Duration: September 2020 – Ongoing
- Location: Ukraine
- Industry: Insurance
- Product discovery, MVP development, Native mobile apps development, UI/UX Design, Web development, Software testing, Product support
As of today, many insurance companies process medical cases manually which takes much time. To organize the medical services, сlients use the services of assistance companies. Such companies help with organizing a visit to the doctor, diagnostic procedures, tests, obtaining test results, and also close issues with the document flow between the insurance company, the medical Institution and the client.
Our main task was to create a unified app and speed up the processes for doctors, clients of insurance companies, and assistance companies.
Our client was looking:
– for an effective mobile solution to improve the general medical insurance flow with fewer manual actions;
– to reduce the cost of customer service by 10% within 6 months after the implementation of the project;
– to offer a convenient digital solution to their end-users to receive medical advice, set appointments for services using just an app installed on a smartphone;
– to increase the speed of processing requests;
– to increase customers’ loyalty to insurance companies;
– for a mobile app available both for users of iOS and Android;
– for a web version to work well for all in-demand browsers;
– for a professional, dedicated development team to offer the best solution.
– Registration and Authorization. User Registration and Authorization
– User profile. Setting up a User profile
– Registration via assistance company. Information about the registration for the service from the assistance company
– Online appointment. Online appointment with a doctor
– Online medical advice via text chat. Receiving doctor’s consultations remotely using text chat
– Online medical advice via video chat. Receiving doctor’s consultations remotely using video chat
– Services schedule. Viewing the schedule of the Services
– Notifications. Receiving notifications about the insured event
– Agreement. Downloading the insurance agreement
– Archive. Viewing the archive of insurance Events and Services
– Language. Multi-Language support (EN, UA)
We are working on a solution for different platforms to increase customer loyalty of the current and new app users.
– Unlike booking medical services by phone, this software solution will allow users to book a service without waiting to chat with an operator of the assistance company, to see the schedule of services and events, and to have the archive of their insurance events and providing services in one app.
– Our team created an effective medical insurance solution for end-users on all platforms focusing on growing mobile demand.
– To meet all project requirements, our development team offered a custom software development of mobile apps and web solutions.
– This medical mobile app for VHI is now available for both iOS and Android users in Ukraine.
– Currently, we are working on the web app version that will be released for all popular browsers.
– Our client states that within the first 6 months of the app launch they’ve received regular customer satisfaction feedback and added 20% of new clients.
Our technology stack
Insurance and assistance companies need an integrated system to exchange data on:
– Medical and preventive institutions;
– Insured persons;
– Sending data about Service Enrollment;
– Obtaining data about Registration for the service
Besides, they need integration with the INRISK system to exchange:
– Information about the policy;
– Data about the agreement;
– Data on insured events and appeals.
– INRISK will be the core of the solution. It will process all authorization and work with policies and insured events.
– Med Assistance is used for the exchange of information on insurance and the insured.
– Dr. Eleks module is used for the automation of all processes in medical institutions.
– PubNub is used for messaging\signaling.
– Vonage is used for video\audio calls.
- Our team conducted a profound discovery phase, analyzed the requirements and possible risks.
- We offer custom software development to meet all project requirements.
- The medical mobile app is available for both and Android users.
- The web app version will be released for all popular browsers.
- Our team created an effective solution for end-users on all platforms.
- Our client states that within the first 6 months of the app launch they’ve received regular customer satisfaction feedback and added 20% of new clients.
We started working on this medical app project when online services were at their peak. As for the medical sphere, people prefer staying home due to Covid-19 realities and in some cases, remote online consultation with a doctor was the only possible option. Glad to see that the leading insurance company in Ukraine has shifted from manual request processing and offline offices to a more dynamic and healthy environment. Working on mobile apps for medical insurance companies we analyzed all risks and implemented top-notch features that greatly improved the satisfaction level of our client’s customers.