Digital payment gateway
A digital payment gateway that interacts with existing and future devices for registering and making different kinds of payments
A payment gateway encrypts payment information and transfers money from a customer’s financial institution to the merchant. The sales transaction is then confirmed and settled in seconds.
The COVID-19 pandemic has impacted consumer buying habits across the globe. People made changes in their daily routines to limit physical contact. To stay healthy, many consumers prefer shopping online rather than in stores. Due to the pandemic, contactless digital payment is getting momentum. In a poll of 17,000 people in 19 countries, 79% of those surveyed said they were using touch-free payment options.
With the surge in online shopping and consumer preference for contactless payment, businesses have recognized opportunities to reach new consumer segments. They invest in new technology to stay up-to-date with changes in the fintech industry. Merchants use payments gateways to accept payments for both online and in-store purchases. Customers can securely enter their credit or debit card information on a merchant’s website or at a point of sale (POS) system in stores.
Our client’s business idea included the development of a digital payment gateway that interacts with existing and future devices for registering and making payments, allowing the end customer to provide conditions for choosing and paying for various services.
- Duration: Winter 2021 - Ongoing
- Location: Eastern Europe
- Industry: Fintech
- Custom software development, UI/UX design
– Innovative online payment gateway solution from scratch that connects the customer’s mobile app, mobile cashier app, POS, and payment service(s);
– Compliant with the international security standard rules, PCI DSS;
– Changing requirements and features;
– Constant need for new development and support resources;
– Integration with numerous payment systems, including MasterPass, ApplePay, and GooglePay;
– Change requests realization.
- Payments support. Tokenized, encrypted payments support for enhanced security
- PCI DSS compliant. Compliant with the set of rules and security standards Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS)
- Easy integration. Integration with the most demanded payment systems including MasterPass, ApplePay and GooglePay, and NFT (in the upcoming product version)
- Processing speed. Fast processing speed of all operations
- Multiple payment options. The payment options include MasterPass, ApplePay and GooglePay
- Processing transactions. Processing swiped or dipped transactions at a point-of-sale system (POS) or on a mobile device
The implementation assumes the use of the Azure microservice cloud architecture.
– This project is considered as an element of the creation of the Customer’s digital ecosystem.
– Our team was given the task of creating a Virtual Point of Sale, which represents a physical Object virtually and maintains the states of this Object.
– As a part of the solution, we needed to develop a payment service as a separate module, compliant with PCI DSS.
– The external payment service system should be able to provide online payments service for users. This project is in the process now.
Our technology stack
- Key Vault
- Service Bus
- Cosmos DB
- Data Lake
- Online payment gateway solution from scratch without additional investment in development
- Full control over the payment process
- Improved end-user experience thanks to payment gateway integration of all popular payment methods
- Opportunity to scale up the payment gateway
- Compliance PCI DSS standards
According to the world’s best practices, a custom payment gateway is the right choice for both well-established enterprises and small businesses who want to do business by their own rules. Moreover, payment gateway development opens huge opportunities for our client’s growth and profit. The digital payment gateway features set covers multiple payment processors, offers a convenient dispute settlement interface, and has an easy tool for reporting. By developing the online payment gateway from scratch, our team tailored it to the specific customer’s needs and has received an excellent result so far. With blockchain technology expertise, even better results are expected.