eWallet application for fintech startup
The client wanted to create a financial tool, an e-wallet app, that allows users to operate money via smartphones or similar gadgets. E-wallet is an excellent environment for all who use money online.
Now when cash and plastic are in the past, e-wallet apps are gaining markets. The shift in the retail sector has led to a huge uptake in digital wallets,especially in the UAE, which is aided by a highly conducive environment for innovation. The UAE is spearheading this field in the Arab Gulf region.
Needless to say, Covid-19 has helped lift digital wallet uptake big time in the Arabian Gulf, especially in the UAE, as customers increasingly opt for cashless, contactless transactions. Our customer is a fintech startup with the main focus on innovative smart solutions for daily financial operations.
The company initiated an evolution of trusted online financial transactions and facilitated all forms of digital money transfers for end-users.
The idea behind the project was to combine the best fintech apps practices in contactless, cashless transactions in one web and mobile solution, boost its security and provide end-users with an innovative digital experience.
- Nov 2019 – Sept 2020
- Middle East
- 3 Java Developers
- 2 React Native Developers
- 2 Angular Developers
- 3 Web Developers
- 2 Manual QA Engineers
- 1 PM
- 1 BA
- 2 UI/ UX Designers
- 1 DevOps
- React Native
- Connect different bank accounts
- Add money to an account
- Secure money transfers
- Bill payment and utility
- Real-time analytics
- Push notifications
- Data synchronization
- To create a unique, stable, scalable, and secure high-load mobile wallet platform;
- To be able to add new features to the e-wallet app without downtime and risk for initial solution architecture;
- To have one solution for all platforms;
- To finish the MVP development of the product for investors.
The CHI development team conducted a profound discovery phase with several sessions, analyzed the market leaders, and offered the design of the cross-platform app to cover all platforms of interest: web and mobile. Our Business Analysts created all needed project documentation. The development team offered the tech stack to meet the business needs and implement all needed functionality.
- We conducted the Discovery phase with market research and created tech documentation for the project
- We analyzed and implemented all the killer features of the e-wallet apps best practices on the global market
- We paid extra attention to transactions security
- Our team followed agile development, making it possible to add new features to the project flow with no risks
- We created a stable, secure, flexible cross-platform solution for web and mobile users
- We created several working prototypes of the product so the client could present them to the investors and receive the next round of investment
We started the work on this project when the ‘cardless apps’ had already entered the market. However, all products we found provided only one or two features for end-users. I mean, some were to keep the cards in one place, others helped with money transfers. There was no single app, especially on the Middle East market, to cover all daily needs with cards and transfers in one app back then. I’m glad I had a chance to make a change. We came up with several working prototypes that covered the most demanded features in all e-wallet apps. The biggest challenge for us, however, was to ensure that all transactions were fast and secure.