Smart app for air conditioning
This smart air conditioning system has a number of features dealing with automatic air purification and filtering.
AC (air conditioning) is far from being a luxury now. The global air conditioner (AC) market is expected to grow by over 5% in the next couple of years.
This useful tool has been improved for even more users’ comfort within the last 5 years. When it comes to air conditioning, one of the main users’ pain points is the inability to adjust the temperature at home or in the office remotely. So this was the main task from our client to create a smart and easy-to-use air conditioner app for distant AC control.
According to the Energy Information Association, 87 % of US homes have air conditioning, with 75 % having central units. In northern states, most people use individual, portable, and window AC units during the milder months of the year.
A remote AC control makes it easy for end-users to turn on or off the device at home while they are at work or driving. Our main task was creating an IoT-based Flutter app to interact with air conditioning equipment on the go.
- Duration: August 2019 - July 2020
- Location: the USA
- Industry: Smart solutions
- Cross-platform app development
AC (air conditioning) is far from luxury now. Still, this useful tool has been improved for even more users’ comfort within the last 5 years. When it comes to air conditioning, one of the main users’ pain points is the inability to adjust the temperature at home or in the office remotely. So this was the main task from our client – to create a smart and easy-to-use air conditioner app for distant AC control.
Our client was looking for:
– An effective solution for all platforms and devices;
– Localization of the created solution into several languages;
– Custom font adaptation for all devices;
– Expert Flutter developers to create a cross-platform solution.
- Devices. Works with any air conditioner or heat pump with remote control
- Connectivity. Works with Google Home & Amazon Echo
- Schedule. Unlimited 7-day scheduling
- Automatic turn On/Off. Turns on the A/C when you arrive, turns it off when everybody leaves
- Climate React. Monitors temperature and humidity, and sets triggers to control the AC based on these measurements
- Reminders. Reminds to clean the filter
- Shares. Shares your device control with others
- Intergrations. Opens API – many integrations
CHI Software Mobile Unit joined the ongoing project and a big distributed team of our client. One of the main parts of the app development was handling network requests in order to have a competitive user experience. The main tasks were:
– Work with the network using Dart IO (dio)
– Localization of the app into languages of the client’s interest
– Adapting the screen and font size for all platforms
– Make sure the UI displays a comprehensible layout on different screen sizes
Our technology stack
- Flutter framework
- BLoC pattern
- Custom views using Flutter
- We created and released a stable cross-platform app on Flutter.
- On the UI/UX side, we tested the best business flow and development.
- Our team developed an effective indoor climate tool for a variety of users.
Our main task was creating an IoT-based Flutter smart app to interact with air conditioning equipment on the go. A remote AC control makes it easy for end-users to turn on or off the device at home while they are at work or driving. The main challenge for our team was developing an app to work for all smartphones, a cross-platform solution. In addition, we paid much attention to app adaptation for all devices. As for working in a big distributed team. Some say it’s a challenge too. Well, it was not a problem for us. Thanks to daily stand-ups we were on the same page with the rest of the team and even the Product Owner.