Smart watch IoT wearables
The project is a Smart watch based on Snapdragon Wear 5100. The device has removable straps with built-in sensors. Our main tasks are to develop the software for the Android-based wearable device including firmware, application, diagnostics, and manufacturing testing.
The global smartwatch market is projected to grow from $22.02 billion in 2021 to $58.21 billion by 2028, with a CAGR of 14.9% in the forecast period, 2021-2028. We can also say that the smartwatch market is a promising segment within the wearable industry, as the global smartwatch shipments have increased over the last years.
A new Qualcomm chipset for Wear OS smartwatches, Snapdragon Wear 5100, is a newcomer at the market but it is right in time to take on some major competition in the wearable space.
Our client was looking for AOSP and Embedded Linux developers to build a prototype of custom apps for Android and Linux environments. Android apps were intended to perform testing scenarios for factory verification.
- Duration: February 2022 – Ongoing
- Location: The USA
- Industry: Wearable electronics
- Embedded applications development
Our client was searching for Android Open Source Project (AOSP) and Embedded Linux developers who can build a prototype of custom applications for both Android and Linux environments. Android apps were intended to perform testing scenarios for factory verification.
The CHI Software engineers were to work out an app with a complex solution to integrate all testing scenarios and communication between other low-level system components.
- ‘Locate your smartphone’ feature
- Make and receive calls
- Voice assistant
- Gesture control
- Built-in navigation
- Media playback music
- Access notifications
- Emergency call and fall detection
- On the spot rating and review
- Sync communication with other smart watches
The developed solution is used by manufacturing teams to verify all the critical system components and operational flows. It allows to run different combinations of test flows and display results in tester friendly formats. CHI Software developers were:
– Creating Android app prototype that performs different test scenarios
– running platform-specific commands to test different Hardware/Software, HW/SW components
Our technology stack
- Snapdragon W5+ 1
- We staffed the project with a team of С++ developers within 2 weeks
- Our developers are working with a new Qualcomm chipset for Wear OS smartwatches, Snapdragon Wear 5100
- CHI Software experts are successfully creating and testing a stable prototype of apps for all required platforms
- The project is ongoing, so the final solution results are coming
I’m a big fan of wearables, so I was happy to join this project. The product uses a modern technology stack based on AOSP distribution: C/C++, Java, Kotlin, etc. It’s an innovative smart solution that connects multiple sensors to the wearable device and collects real-time data from different sources. Code quality is assured by code review and patch tracking systems such as Gerrit. I also highly appreciate the well-coordinated teamwork, when the processes are smooth and you can always reach out to other team members for help.