Video workflow software
The key idea of this product is to provide a complete audio post-production ecosystem, enabling different people responsible for product creation to participate in the process in a remote manner. It has become a more common and actively-developed way of getting things done in the post-COVID era.
Video constitutes the most engaging content that most people consume these days. According to recent research, an average person is predicted to spend 100 minutes a day watching videos. That’s why it’s crucial for film-making companies to have effective production management software.
Still, the video production process is hectic. As a rule, it has three main steps:
- pre-production – the planning stage for mapping out the script for the video;
- production phase – the stage when the video is shot; and
- post-production – the stage that involves editing/adding the video, music, and other effects.
Our client, a reputed US-based filmmaking company, wanted to create a complete audio post-production solution. The company is engaged in dubbing, mixing, or re-recording in filmmaking and video production, in which additional or supplementary recordings are lip-synced and “mixed” with original production sound to create the finished soundtrack.
- July 2021 - Ongoing
- California, the United States
- Media and Entertainment
- 6 C++ Developers
- 1 Tech Lead
- Qt/QML for desktop app development
- Recording and processing a talent’s voice
- Storing and playing back the results
- Communicating with team members in real-time
- Business-to-business integrations, such as services for searching dubbing candidates or integration with VoIP apps for guests
Our client was looking for a consultation and further solution development:
- The project features a suite of applications that, when used together, would provide a full-fledged platform for post-production workflow: both recording and processing a talent’s voice, storing and playing back the final results, and communicating with the team in real-time.
- Furthermore, in order to motivate companies to choose the solution, it’s planned to provide business-to-business integrations, such as services for searching dubbing candidates or integration with VoIP apps for guests to be able to join sessions without installing the app, but rather from Skype or MS Teams.
The solution needs to work closely with platform-dependent SDKs, use native APIs and communicate via low-level protocols, including communication with DAWs (digital audio workstations), as well as provide its own extensions, like adding virtual devices, to the system. Given that our development team:
- Our team investigated the results of 3rd party research and offered a custom software solution based on the client's needs.
- We are working on a solution that allows focusing on multiple video assets at once
- Our solution supports more efficient video distribution in multiple formats
- We are working to improve the collaboration within the end-user’s team
For me, this project is perfect in many senses. Firstly, we are using really modern standards and technologies that allow me to apply my current skills to the full extent and develop them further. Secondly, we actively search for appropriate solutions to embed in our app. It allows choosing the best solution and seeing the full picture of available variants. Stakeholders always eagerly listen to our feedback. It means we can actually participate in decision-making. Also, the client engages experts from different teams to consult, so not only do we use promising technologies but also receive support. Last but not the least, we have a team from different parts of the globe: the USA, Brazil, Georgia, India, and Ukraine, of course. Despite this variety, we efficiently communicate and solve problems and this is wonderful, I can say.