Social networking app for online and offline events
This social networking platform allows users to find and join groups related to their own personal interests. It is used to organize offline and in-person meetings. Our task was to improve this web solution and reshape it for mobile usage.
In recent years, communication has shifted from the real world to the online world. People are using their mobile devices to connect with their friends, professionals, and brands. Mobile apps allow people to stay in touch with others across the world. People are social creatures and have various grounds to engage and interact with one another.
According to recent research, the number of social media users reached 4.55 billion in October 2021 growing by 400 million (or +9.9 percent) in comparison to previous years. This growth has slowed slightly, but the global total continues to increase at a rate of more than 1 million new users every single day.
There are many different types of social media apps now by audience, purpose, and platforms. Our client is a famous US-based event management company with a huge online community. The client’s social networking platform allows users to find and join groups related to their personal interests. It is used to organize offline and in-person meetings. Our task was to improve this web solution and reshape it for mobile usage.
- May 2020 - Ongoing
- the USA
- Online and offline events
- Android SDK
- Personal account Create a personal account, set a location
- Topics Explore the topics of interest
- Groups Connect with different groups of interest
- In-app chat Connect with the group members via an in-app chat
- Locations Opportunity to switch user locations
- Create groups Create new groups based on theme and location
Our client has a web platform for finding and building local communities. People use it to meet new people with shared interests, learn something new or receive support. Our client’s main pain points were:
- Unstable web version;
- Claimed bugs;
- No mobile version.
This social networking application makes use of the device's location (GPS and network-based). Based on the user's location, it recommends the online and offline events that are organized nearby. Our team received and successfully implemented the following tasks:
- We gathered a professional development team fast, within 2 weeks.
- CHI Software mobile unit improved the existing features of the app and implemented new ones.
- We also updated the solution to the newest JS framework, and Next.JS.
- Our Software Testing Engineers also fixed the existing bugs.
It was a great experience for me to work on such a huge social networking application. I’m impressed by the project coordination team on the client’s side and the professionalism of a big distributed development team. Working closely with developers we managed to find and fix existing bugs, improve the application and even develop new helpful functionality. What I like most is an opportunity to make a real impact and upgrade the social networking giant for many end-users worldwide.